Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shots, round 13

Cameron had round 13 of his shots Friday night.  Before the shots, we took him to Nicholasville to JD Legends restaurant.  I've heard about it, but never went there.  The food was good (plus we had a buy one entree get one free coupon) but the BEST thing (for Cameron) was that it's attached to Strike Zone bowling lanes!  He and Will bowled for an hour and really enjoyed it.  After their first game, they turned the lights down and started the Glow N Bowl or Cosmic bowling.  It was fun.

He didn't do so well with the shots this week.  Lots of tears even though we used the numbing cream.  I think it could have been the location.  We'll have to try again next week on another location.  If he complains then, we're gonna have to find out what's up.

We got another new cousin this week!   My cousin Alicia (more like a sister) had her first baby on Tuesday, April 20th.  Kerington Elizabeth "Keri Beth" Hignite was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long.  Mom and baby are doing great and Cameron can't wait to meet Keri Beth.  I went to see her the day after she was born and got this awesome picture:



School is starting the state testing tomorrow.  I'm hoping to get Cameron in bed a little earlier each night, but not holding my breath.  Last week was "spirit week" and he enjoyed that.

Today at church, Cameron decided his Children's minister is the COOLEST ever!  They have been doing the "On the trail series" studying about the Israelites  leaving Egypt.  The Children's minister came INTO church this morning ON A HORSE!  Yes, INSIDE!!!  How cool is that!  What kid wouldn't love it?  After church, the kids could go out back and pet the horse.  I'm so thankful we have such wonderful people at the church working with our kiddos!

No comments: