Cameron had his shots again today... however, this time was a little different. First of all, we switched from the pre-filled syringes that were stinging so bad to the kind that has to be mixed. It was a little more work for us, but he said he barely felt a little tinge as he called it. Secondly, his dosage of methotrexate was increased from 20mg to 25mg.
Why you ask??? Well..... last week he started limping and saying his hip was really hurting. It lasted for about a day to a day and a half. He also complained of his neck hurting when he was doing homework. He said it hurt to look down to do his work. I put a call into the Rheumy office and was called back today at 1 PM (yes, on a Saturday). She said that it is very common for kids with arthritis in their jaws to also have it in their neck. She listed to everything I had to say and then asked how he was doing on the injections. I told her the side effects have been minimal so far and he seems to be tolerating them well....except for the stinging. She decided to go ahead and up the methotrexate. If he is still having new joints hurt or if these don't improve in 3 weeks, we are to call her back.
Today was also bowling day. He beat his high score yet again!!! He bowled a 128 his first game and 81 his second game. He really is doing well with the bowling despite the arthritis. His Dr told us to keep him as active as possible except for contact sports. We only have 3 more Saturdays to bowl and then the end of year banquet where they award trophies.
On a positive, Cameron got to spend some time with his cousins Meredith and Natalie. Only problem is that Natalie ended up vomiting while we were there. She had some congestion so I'm hoping that's all it was. Poor little thing has been through a lot herself. She finished her treatments for leukemia about 9 months ago and has done really well. She's now in Kindergarten and LOVES school.
Maybe gonna get a good snow tomorrow night... we'll see. I'm to the point where I'm tired of the cold and snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment