Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shots, round 6 and BOWLING!

 
First, let's talk about bowling!  On Saturday, Cameron had his last day of regular bowling for the 2009-2010 season.  They divide the season in half and the winner from the 1st half has to bowl against the winner of the 2nd half of the season.  When we got there, the coach told us that Cameron's team was tied with another team for first place and if they were tied by the end of the meet, they would have to have a "roll off".  All 3 boys got excited and did very well.  We won both of our games and the other team we were tied with lost one of theirs.

Today (Sunday) we had to go back to the alley and do the game against the team from the 1st half.  We were supposed to be there at 1 PM.  Of course, you have to remember that Cameron gets his shots on Saturday and has been feeling bad most of the day on Sunday due to them.  We rushed straight home from bowling and had the shots done by 12:30.  He is starting to be more and more afraid of the shots and it takes a bit more coaxing on our part to get him to let us give them.  

After the shots, he had a friend from across the street over to play Wii with him.  After they were done here, he went to her house and played there for a couple hours.  I think having someone to play with took his mind off the side effects of the shots and made them more tolerable.  Erin has lived across the street since they were both babies.   She is in the same grade as Cameron.  She and her family have been very nice to us.  If Cameron has to miss school, they will send his work home with Erin and then her parents will get it to us.  We've also had to copy homework pages from them that have been forgotten at school.  We are so blessed to have neighbors as nice as they are!

I put Cameron in the bath and let him play for a few minutes.  When I went in to get him to get out, he said he had dozed off in there!!  Silly boy!  I could see in his eyes that it was starting to hit him.  Got him out and tucked in under his electric blanket and off to dreamland he went!

This morning, he seemed to be feeling ok and since I knew we had to be at bowling by 1 PM, I decided we would also attempt going to church again.  He did great!  The church changed the theme and today was the first day.



The room looked like a barn!  When Cameron saw it, his eyes got really big and he looked at me and smiled.  There was straw all over the floor and bales to sit on.  When I picked him up, he said he really liked the new theme and was excited that one of the verses they studied was one that he remembered reading on his own.

So, we get to bowling and find out that one of the boys on Cameron's team was home sick with a fever and strep.  They took his average and subtracted 10 pins and that was the score for him for each game.  Cameron didn't do as well today as he has recently (79 and 84 I think).  The other team did really well!  I think all three of them had either their highest game ever or at least close to it!  Not saying Cameron and his team didn't do well...but the other team just really had it together today!  

Cameron got really upset that his team didn't win.  He really has not dealt with much competition like this before and didn't take it very well.  I had to really talk to him to stop the tears and bad sportsmanship he was showing.  It's a tough lesson to learn I know.   2nd place out of 12 teams is something to be proud of!  The team will get trophies at the banquet on March 20th.  I think once he gets his trophy, he will feel much better.

Till next time..................

No comments: