We are doing Cameron's shots on Friday nights now in order to give him more time to recover before school on Monday. We had been doing them Saturday afternoon to give him a chance to do the bowling league on Saturday mornings.
Last night, Will was going to play bagpipes for a party and would not be home until late. Cameron doesn't trust me to do the shots and wanted his daddy to do them. I think it's because Will has been diabetic for over 20 years and Cameron thinks he knows what he is doing.
Anyways, I got the numbing cream on Cameron at home and drove to Lexmark to meet Will before he left to go to the gig. He came out to the car and I had both of the injections ready and waiting. Cameron said one hurt just a little bit this time but no tears.
Will went on to his gig and Cameron and I had a "date night". We got something to eat at McDonald's and then went to see the Alvin & the Chipmunks movie at the discount theater. Cameron laughed so hard and really enjoyed the movie! It made me feel good to hear such laughter coming from him.
On our way home, we stopped at Kmart to pick up a couple things and he wanted to play his DS game so he took it in and rode in the basket part of the shopping cart. While we were there, the shots hit him like a mack truck. The kid couldn't hardly hold his head up. We got home and he tells me he is sick at his stomach and didn't feel good. Once again, I heard what no parent wants to hear or has an answer for... "I wish I had my old life back where I didn't have to feel so bad all the time." The only thing I could say was "So do I".
Today (Saturday) was the St Patrick's Parade in Lexington. Since I can't make rehearsals and have Cameron to take care of, I don't play with the band much at all. Cameron and I have carried the banner in front of the band before and that's what he wanted to do today. However, he forgot his warm coat at home and it was cold and windy out there. He was also still complaining of a headache and his stomach was upset. Will's parents came to the parade so Cameron stayed with his grandfather and got candy that was thrown from the floats. I think he got the best deal! The parade was long and slow this year. We had to stop several times.
After the parade, we went to a party hosted by drummer Barry Miller from the band. Fun and food was enjoyed by all. By this time, Cameron was feeling much better and acted like nothing had ever bothered him.
No comments:
Post a Comment